Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Beginning

Hopefully this is the beginning of something big. Something new. Maybe a new lifestyle... or just a new hobby. Either way, it's new. It is Aunt E's Things.

I've always had a passion for creating things. When I was very little, I'd watch Mr. Rogers rip the tape out of his tape dispenser... and just the sound of it got me excited to make something. I made some hideous things... but the important part was that I kept making. I kept making through elementary school, then middle school, then high school. I made all sorts of things. I made neon paper ornaments. I moved on to scrapbooks where I took my friends school pictures and some stickers and littered some pages with them. Then I got my first "how to scrapbook" idea book and started a new scrapbook. I started taking art classes. It took a year for me to finish my first oil painting... but I finished. And it wasn't even that bad.

So here I am... creating again. But this time, with more of a purpose... that maybe someone else will enjoy my creations, too. But most important is that I'm creating... and that feeling just doesn't get any better :)

So, check out my store! I know there's not a lot there yet, but I'm taking my time. I can't create unless the inspiration is there. And according to my husband, I shouldn't create too much until the space is there, too.

www.AuntEsThings.etsy.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails