Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ugly Stool Project

If you've read my blog for any length of time, you've probably noticed something... I like garage sales. Typically, when I go to garage sales, I'm not looking to spend more than $5 on any one item... I like things cheap. Of course, I'll break that rule if it's something awesome, but typically I don't spend a whole lot on any one item. It's just a matter of looking past the ugly and seeing what an item could look like with a bit of work.

This past Friday morning was no different - I found a beat up, brassy, ugly stool for 50 cents. Unfortunately I forgot to take a before picture. But here is what it looked like when I was done with it - and all I needed were things I already had on hand; some spray paint, fabric, buttons, and polyfil.

overhauled bench

renewed garage sale find

erin

8 comments:

Colleen said...

Where are you going to put the stool?

Erin said...

I think I'm going to put it downstairs when you walk in the door, right by the stairs. But when we have company I might bring it upstairs to use for extra seating.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I need to ditch the kids one Saturday morning so I can hit up some garage sales myself!
~Lindsay
pacountrycrafts

Christie Cottage said...

I have an "ugly" stool very similar to yours! LOL Yep, yard sale find too :-)

I spray painted it black, bought weather resistant fabric from a friend on etsy and made a cushion. I bought a black wrought iron table with a mosaic top that matches the fabric of the cushion.

Yard sales are so much fun.

Have a blessed evening!
<><

Cindi @ Rustique Art said...

It looks wonderful. I love the color you choose (or had on hand) and the fabric looks perfect. So clever! Where did you put your newest home edition?

Anonymous said...

WOW, it looks great! What a wonderful job you did!!
Christie (luvncrafts)

Holly Lefevre said...

50 cents! Are you kidding! That is a great deal...especially when you can make it look that good. Beautiful.

Shermanators said...

I LOVE this stool!! After Anita's recent post, I'm thinking I need to start garage sale shopping! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails