Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Decorations

Although we don't have our tree quite yet, we're getting in the Christmas spirit at our house!  I've made it through all of my holiday decorations and have added some winter-y Christmas decor around the house.  I don't go too in depth, but I thought you might enjoy seeing some pictures of our dining room table centerpiece.


I made a trip to Goodwill and found two white vases - both for $1.99!  The first is top right in the pictures above, the second is below.  I filled the first one with some foam, then stuck in fake holly berries and real holly leaves, along with some Spanish moss.

For the tray, I used a silver piece I found at a garage sale (didn't even bother shining it up!), layered with a hankie with red trim, and the bottom of an old tin of my grandmother's.  I layered two doilies inside, one red and one white, and topped it with a candle.  I also used some vintage bulbs and fresh cuts from the pine trees in our back yard!


For the vase above, I just tied some vintage lacey edging around it, keeping it in place with double sided tape.

For the table runner, I used some sheer curtain fabric I had lying around.  To hide the rough edge I just tied a knot!

 So total I spent $3.98 at Goodwill, and $0.00 by shopping around the house for this centerpiece!

erin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for goodwill! It looks amazing!

We don't have our tree either...just too much going on...

Well, I should say, we have an artificial one, but the kids want a real one. If it's nice on Saturday, we may venture out to cut one down. I'm hoping. =)

Have a great month! Miss ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails