Monday, June 27, 2011

A Successful IKEA Trip

Last weekend, we finally made it down to IKEA - it's nice having an IKEA within and hour's drive!  We'd been wanting to upgrade some of the flat sheet curtains to the curtains that we had in the townhouse.  We were in luck - they still had the same ones!  We love them because they're white, with a bit of texture, and they're surprisingly thick for their $20 price tag. 
 
 
For the living room, we actually got a little crazy and purchased curtains with some pattern to them!  I think they update the space wonderfully - I love the pattern and how it is subtle, but still noticeable.


Here is a close-up of the pattern:


During our curtain-hunting we also found a few other things we couldn't resist coming home with.  
 
A new pillow for the couch:


 And a new lampshade!  I love the update from the cream lampshade to the white, with just a hint of pattern.  The patterned parts are actually just more transparent than the background.


 It's fun to start decorating - but we still have a lot of unpacking to do.  I'm not allowing myself to hang anything on the walls until more is unpacked!  I need some serious motivation!  :-)

erin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty...and such a great deal too! Glad you found exactly what you were looking for!

Cindi @ Rustique Art said...

I spy a really cute little desk in your office. I was reading a blog today that featured a desk like that, they had used an idea from Pottery Barn and stenciled various sized numbers on the top and then distressed the legs and drawer part of the table. It was fabulous! Here is the link;
http://sistersofthewildwest.blogspot.com/2011/06/pottery-barn-inspired-library-table.html
Still love the wall color of that office!
IKEA is growing on me, but I still get very overwhelmed there :)

Alison said...

This post makes me want to go to Ikea! Is that an industrial-arts 8th grade stool I see in the living room by the chair? We're still using mine :)
Can't wait to see you on the 4th :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails