Sunday, May 9, 2010

Garage Sale Deals

This weekend I went garage sale-ing with my mom - we had a ton of fun.  I love going with her, and it's been quite some time since we went together.  She taught me everything I know about garage sale-ing, and if I do say so myself, I think she did a pretty awesome job.

So here are the deals I got:



I scored these two concrete planters for quite a bargain - plants included!  They're already on the back porch waiting for me to fill them :)


Love this boat picture- $2!


Another one of my bargains that gets lots of eye rolls from my hubby :-)  Probably just because he knows he will be the one "rescuing" this with silver polish... but at $1 who can complain?


For whatever reason this week there was a ton of fabric - a lot more than normal.  And I scored probably 12 or more spools of serger thread - perfect timing, I was just about out!


And my final bargain - a vintage apron that I just love.  Another eye roll from hubby.  But hey, it'll make me feel domestic, really, it will!  (Notice the cute kitty in the background, hehe.  Ready to pounce, I'm sure.)

And don't forget... Monday is your last chance to enter the GIVEAWAY!

erin

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Especially the apron! I went to a estate sale on Friday and saw a cute vintage apron...but I was too cheap to buy it. =)

Love your finds...congrats on the fabric...I am hoping to go out this Sat. It's our anniversary...so I don't know if dh will oblige or not...it's really not his thing to yard sale! =) Thanks for sharing!

Cindi @ Rustique Art said...

oooooo...I'm so jealous! My daughter goes garage sale-ing every Friday or Saturday and I would love to be with her. You got some great items Erin...can't wait to see what you do with that material :)

Anonymous said...

You found some gems while out garage sale-ing! I wish I could find some like that. Oh well, I'll keep looking!
Bloomfield Beads

Kristin said...

I love that your cat is ready to pounce in the background! Ours hangs out on the steps too...just ready to reach out and swat me whenever I walk by! :)

Christie Cottage said...

I have 2 concrete pots like those. They are very old. Sitting out front, plants in them.

I love them!

Cute apron!

Holly Lefevre said...

That is successful garage sale-ing! They have a ton of vintage aprons in the window of the thrift store...I cannot wait for them to put them up for sale!

zoomyummy said...

Oh, what gorgeous loot. I love the photograph, and the fabrics, and the apron... and all the rest... and the kitty on your stairs is just priceless. Yeah, husbands just don't understand it all. :) Petra

Angela said...

I have tons of concrete planters and they last forever, excellent purchase!!!

Sue said...

I always look for concrete pots and garden goodies. In fact, I just posted what I found last week. Doesn't it just amaze you as to what people get rid of?
:-) Sue

Anonymous said...

just jacked off to that picture

Related Posts with Thumbnails